Friday, September 23, 2016

Waiting for Someone to Rescue me from Kidney Failure

I hear you.  Yesterday's session in Nashville, "How to Have Your Donor Find YOU!" was an opportunity to meet some of you.Click here to see the clip with Harvey.

 The wait is discouraging. The statistics are overwhelming. And, you're tired.  Many of you have been on dialysis and spend more that half of your week exhausted. Kidney disease is affecting every organ in your body.

There is hope.  The Living Kidney Donor Network provides information to help you find a donor.  Harvey Mysel, director of the network said something that rang true for me.

There are people who are willing to be living donors.  The way to reach them is TELL YOUR STORY.  That's how I was moved to step forward for my cousin.

We lived 900 miles apart. It had been over 35 years since we'd seen each other.  It wasn't until she started telling her story that I reconnected.

Click here to visit the website, www.lkdn.org to learn more. Reach out to Harvey. Keep telling your story. Hang in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment