Thursday, September 8, 2016

Take your prescriptions or else (the rest of the Facebook post)




(also known as How I got lost in a restaurant booth)


Who could have guessed that leaving my glasses at home would have caused such a disruption?  In my attempt to be a few minutes early for a lunch meeting, I left my glasses at home.

I have been wearing prescription glasses for over ten years, so it felt funny when I arrived at the restaurant.  I glanced at my phone to see if I had any messages. That's when it hit me.  I didn't have them.

Too late to go home.  I'd miss the meeting.  So, I decided to do the best that I could. Problem was, no one else showed up. The text on my phone screen was blurry at best.  I couldn't pull up the number, because it was on an email.  Oh, and I couldn't see to enter my password.  Bad to worse.

Fifteen minutes passed and I went ahead and got a booth. The waitress mentions that since they are part of a franchise, my friends might be at the other location.  Graciously,  they call and ask if there is a party waiting for me.  (Yes, it does sound that weird to say that out loud).  No, they inform me, there's no one there looking for me.

Still puzzled about the time mix-up, I decide to leave a tip for my troubles and head home.  That's when I thought I heard someone whisper.  Maybe it was just my insecurity, but I thought for sure I heard, "Do you think she can make it home?" By the way, my dear officer friends, my vision is not that bad yet.  I can drive without them. It's the small print that gets me.

When I got home and called my friend, he reminded me that we had rescheduled the meeting for the following week.  Oops.  I learned several lessons that day: 1. check emails frequently 2. It's okay to admit that I really need my glasses.

What about you? Have you ever found yourself feeling lost or frustrated? Tell me what happened. I'd love to know.

2 comments:

  1. You are not the only one who forgets your glasses. I leave an extra pair at work in case I don't put some in my purse. I had to go to the Dollar Store one day to buy some because I couldn't see! I learned a lesson too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to know that I'm not the only one. In my rush to head to Nashville this week, I left something else out. I forgot my dress shoes. I wore athletic shoes for the drive and brought everything else I needed. I didn't even realize it until I was about ten minutes away from Nashville. Silly me, I had to hurry up and find something at Walmart. Nothing in my size that would work, so I ended up wearing shoes that were 1 1/2 sizes too large. I stuffed paper towels in them so that I didn't flop around during the session. God must have a great time with all of our mishaps. Oh, well, I'll try to be more careful.

    ReplyDelete